Academic Advising/Withdrawals

Academic Advising

Each week the Associate Dean of Student Life works with the Associate Dean of Academic Advising and the A-Team as the link between Academic Affairs and Student Life. These meetings are in place to address those students having academic difficulty.  In addition, regular meetings are scheduled with HEOP advisee’s and students of color to discuss academic strategies to ensure their success.


Exit interviews with each student withdrawing from the University are conducted by staff in the Vice President and Dean of Student Life or the Associate Dean of Student Life offices (Student Center 234 and 238).  Students who plan to leave the University for personal, medical, or transfer reasons must complete the undergraduate student withdrawal form.  Students planning to take a leave of absence (Leave of Absence, page 17 University Catalog)  must complete the undergraduate student leave of absence form. 

   Withdrawal Form (Undergraduate Students)

   Leave of Absence Form (Undergraduate Students)

Medical Withdrawal from an Undergraduate Course(s) (description from catalog  page 17)

To petition for a medical withdrawal in a semester course, students must complete the Request for Medical Withdrawal in Undergraduate Course form and submit it to the Vice President and Dean of Student Life, Sullivan Student Center Room 234.  In addition to this form, a letter from the student’s medical professional supporting the request must be provided.

   Request for Medical Withdrawal in Semester Course (Undergraduate Students)

Readmission from a Withdrawal, Leave of Absence, or Disciplinary Suspension (Student Handbook)  

Students who leave the University on a personal, medical, transfer withdrawal or disciplinary suspension and wish to return must submit a readmission application to the Vice President and Dean of Student Life.  

   Readmission Application 


Students on “academic suspension” apply for readmission through the Associate Dean for Academic Advising (

Questions concerning these processes should be directed to the Vice President and Dean of Student Life office (315 229-5311) or the Associate Dean of Student Life office (315 229-5550).