Intramural 8 vs. 8 Soccer Rules
* All games will start on time according to the running clock.
* Game time is start time. If a team is not on the field within five (5) minutes the game is forfeited.
* Each game will consist of two twenty-two minute (running clock) halves.
* Teams will switch ends between halves.
* An official time out may be called for an injury player or for other circumstances deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
* All ties will remain as such except during playoffs. (All play-off ties will be settled by penalty kicks.)
* If the ball crosses the sidelines it will be put into play though a kick, NOT a throw!
* Generally, the games will be played according to regular F.I.F.A. rules.
* Each team will pick five players to go one-on-one with the opposing goalie.
* Both teams will get all three shots before scores are compared.
* If the result is still a tie, a one-on-one with only a single player form each team will settle the match.
* The first team to gain an advantage wins the match if this should occur.
* Teams may not use the same shooter twice until the whole bench has attempted a shot.
SEVEN GOAL MERCY RULE: If at any time during a game at team secures a lead of seven (7) goals, the game will be halted with the leading team declared the winner. Teams can continue to play until the end of their scheduled field time, however the official score will have already been recorded.
EQUIPMENT: The intramural program will provide only balls and officials.
* Each team will consist of (8) players with one being a goalie dressed in the required goalie attire.
* A minimum of six (6) players is required to start and continue a game. Note: the other team can play at full strength, at the discretion of the opposing team.
* If there are not (6) players, 5 minutes after the scheduled start time, the result is a forfeit.
* Two forfeits result in expulsion from the league.
* Individuals may participate for only one team in any one sport or contest.
GOALKEEPING: Goalkeepers CAN NOT use their hands when members of their own team play the ball to them!
* All penalties result in direct kicks.
* The kick can result in a goal with out touching another player.
Examples of Penalties:
* Charging an opponent violently or dangerously
* Charging an opponent from behind
* Handling the ball
* Holding an opponent
* Striking or attempting to strike an opponent
* Pushing an opponent
* Tripping an opponent
* Kicking or attempting to kick an opponent
* Jumping at an opponent.
* Intentional Injury
* Dangerous Play
If a player is ejected from a game, they must meet with the intramural director BEFORE THEY CAN CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY INTRMARAL ACTIVITY.
Any infractions not specifically covered here will be called in accordance with the judgement of the on-field official.