There are several steps in the grant-writing process. Here is a brief overview:
- Plan early.
- Draft a summary description of your grant idea and prepare a rough budget.
- Meet with C&F Office staff to discuss your grant project.
- Identify a potential funder(s).
- Develop the proposal summary for review by the C&F Grants Committee.
- Write proposal, assemble support materials, and finalize budget (coordinate timing and assistance with C&F Office staff).
- Provide full draft of proposal narrative and near-final budget for Grants Committee review two-weeks before your proposal deadline.
- Submit your proposal to funder (with assistance, as needed, from C&F Office).
For more information on the grant-seeking process at St. Lawrence, please see our guidelines.