The Ronald E. McNair Postbaccalaureate Achievement Program Student Eligibility
• Applicants must be first generation college students (neither parent has graduated from a four-year higher education institution) and they must meet the income guidelines set by the US Department of Education.
• Applicants must be members of one of the following groups which are historically under-represented in graduate education: (African American, Native American, Hispanic American).
• Applicants must be United States citizens or have proof of permanent resident status.
Applicants who are selected for the program must:
• Have a commitment to obtain a doctoral (Ph.D.) degree.
• Have a minimum of 16 units before the summer research internship, and complete the research internship before graduation.
• Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the major and an overall 2.8 or above.
• Demonstrate a commitment to participate in the McNair Orientation Program and other McNair workshops, seminars and activities until graduation.