Six outstanding St. Lawrence students have been selected as Summer
Admissions Interns for 2011, with multiple
opportunities to take part in the recruitment process for future students.
From left, Ryan Walsh, Brooke Hessney, Alex Calderwood, Molly Patterson, Mitch Galli and Molly Lunn
The interns were chosen from a competitive field of 40 candidates who completed an extensive application
process, with 13 semi-finalists selected for multi-stage interviews. Each semi-finalist
prepared a brief presentation and interviewed with a team of senior students,
a group of admissions and administrative staff.
Summer 2011 admissions interns are:
- Alex Calderwood '12 (The Bromfield School), of Harvard, MA, a government major with a minor in European studies
- Mitch Galli '12 (Mt. Greylock Regional High School), of Williamstown, MA, a music major with a minor in mathematics
- Brooke Hessney '13 (Victor Senior High School), of Victor, NY, a performance and communications arts major, with minors in gender and sexuality studies/sports studies and exercise science
- Molly Lunn '12 (Notre Dame Academy), of Norwell, MA, a government major with a minor in English
- Molly Patterson '12 (The Williams School), of Old Saybrook, CT, a geology and environmental studies major
- Ryan Walsh '12 (Fairport High School), of Fairport, NY, a history major with minors in government and education
Interns' responsibilities include leading campus tours, making personal
contacts with prospective students and undertaking a number of specific projects for the department, including online communications, data analysis, research and designing training programs for students who work in admissions during the academic year. The internship will incorporate a series of workshops on a variety
of topics that have an impact upon the admissions, recruitment and selection
processes, including the admissions calendar; event planning; ethics in admissions; publications and marketing; financial aid; transfer admission; international admission; interviews; and application review.
Posted: June 30, 2011