Katie Hoskinson '11 explains part of her award-winning geology poster
Katie Hoskinson '11, of Scotia, NY, won one of 15 Outstanding Undergraduate Student Poster Awards for her poster presentation at the 2010 Joint Northeastern-Southeastern Sections Meeting of the Geological Society of America in Baltimore, Maryland. Some 253 undergraduate students presented posters at the meeting.
Six St. Lawrence students presented posters at the meeting:
- ND Model Ages and Geochemistry of Devonian and Ordovician Shales of Western and Central New York, Wendell Caesar '11, of Brooklyn
- Late Valanginian to Early Barremian Peritidal Facies of the Adriactic Platform, Croatia: Evidence of Subaerial Exposure, Sean P. Regan '10, of Horseheads, NY
- Albian Cyclic Peritidal Facies of Adriatic Platform Interior in Southern Croatia, David Mosher '10, of Canajoharie, NY
- Nature of the Beaver Creek Fault, Adirondack Lowlands, New York, James Colony '11, of Concord, MA
- Hydrological Changes in the Sierra Nevadas Due to Loss in Glacierized Area, Cody LaVack '10, of Gouverneur, NY
- Carbonate-Evaporite Facies in the "B" Interval of the Upper Ordovician Red River Formation, Williston Basin, North Dakota, Hoskinson
In addition, Regan and Mosher gave oral presentations of their research.
Geology Department Web site
Posted: April 1, 2010