OPEN REGISTRATION OPPORTUNITY
There will be a re-registration session held in the ODY Library on Sunday, January 20th. Below is information on the re-registration and the add/drop period that follows.
What: This is an opportunity for students to drop or add courses for the Spring semester. Students may register into any open course for which they are eligible and for which no time conflict exists with already registered courses.
Where: ODY Library computer lab 140B
When: Sunday, January 20th - all students from 2:30-4:00pm
How: Students will be registered on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are expected to have course choices and alternates already identified so that registration can move as quickly as possible.
- Faculty advisors will be available to any student wishing to consult on their registration choices. Students will be asked at the door if they need to speak with an advisor or if they are already prepared for the registration. Any student wishing to speak to an advisor will be directed to the first faculty advisor available. If all advisors are busy, it may mean a short delay for the student.
You can shorten the time students stand in line and help us process registrations in a timely manner by preparing ahead of time:
- Plan ahead and identify courses of interest prior to coming to Registration.
Check APR for an up-to-date listing of open seats. (note, if you sort the list by the "Open" column, courses with open seats will be at the top!).
- Be sure to select alternate courses in case a course you want is closed.
- There will be faculty advisors to help students select courses but it will be helpful to the conversation if you come prepared with courses of interest.
- Know the course number and section letter (not just the title or instructor).
Having this information ready will help us process the registrations more quickly. There will be a few copies of the Course Schedule available for your review if needed.
- If instructor permission is required, you must bring that approval with you or you cannot be registered for the course (courses that are closed, courses in which pre-requisites are waived, instances where time conflicts are being permitted, etc. all require instructor permission)
- Understand that you cannot register for a course overload (more than 4 courses totaling more than 4.75 units) until the Add/Drop period begins on the first day of classes.
The Add/Drop Period begins the day classes begin and continues for the first 7 class days. A properly completed Add/Drop form must be submitted to the Registrar's Office during business hours. The form requires the signature of your advisor as well as the instructor for each course listed on the form (whether dropped or added). Forms must be legible and include correct course and section identification.
Students registering for a course overload must submit a completed Course Overload form (available in the Registrar's Office, or on the Registrar's Webpage).
All semester course registrations should be complete by the end of the Add/Drop period. Late registration changes require an Academic Petition and, if approved, may incur a late registration fee of $45.