Are you planning an event? Check to see if you need to register your program or party!
There are two instances where you will need to register your event with the Office of Student Activities and Leadership.
- If you are hosting a gathering of 10 or more people where alcohol will be consumed (see the Alcohol Policy on pp. 41-46 in the Student Handbook)
- If you are hosting a dry event (i.e. no alcohol will be present) that is considered a special or major event. A special or major event is defined as a gathering of 100 or more guests that are large in nature such as dances, open houses, concerts, etc (see the Social Function Policy on p. 57 in the Student Handbook).
Registering both of types of events ensures that the individual(s)/organization(s) hosting the event are:
- adhering to University and state policies related to the use and consumption of alcohol, and/or are
- following University policies related to the planning of large events (such as contract negotiation, catering, security, etc.), and
- are working to ensure their event will be safe and successful for all involved.
Registering your Event
Registration forms for Alcohol Events and Special Events are available at the Student Center Information Desk. The forms are also posted below for your convenience.
Both types of registration forms must be submitted to the Office of Student Activities and Leadership at least 2 weeks prior to your event. This provides enough time to plan the event and request services you may need like Dining Services catering, Facilities setups and Security.
Read the forms carefully! There are many details you need to think about prior to registering your event. Look over the form in advance of the deadline to submit your form and make sure you are working out all the necessary details. If you have any questions about how to complete the form, or finalize details related to your event, contact Student Activities and Leadership for assistance. Incomplete forms will not be accepted so it suggested you begin working on the form well in advance of the deadline.
Additional Information about Registering an Event! Click this link for more information and tips on what to consider when preparing to register/plan your event. Information related to what items you need to consider regarding the event location and providing food for alcohol events is also provided.
Have Questions about how to register your event?
Contact Meg Flaherty, Associate Director in Student Activities and Leadership for assistance. Please either stop in her office Monday through Friday (Student Center #225 located behind the Student Center Information Desk) or contact her by email to setup an appointment.