St. Lawrence Statistics Prof Analyzes NHL Draft
As the National Hockey League draft (June 24-25) approached, Associate Professor of Statistics Michael Schuckers released an analysis he developed that can help hockey teams assess the value of their selections and determine the costs and benefits of trading up or down for draft picks. (See In the News, below, for some of the news outlets that carried the story.)
|Krystyna Kornecki '12 Awarded Geology Scholarship|
Krystyna Kornecki '12, of Keeseville, NY, has received a scholarship award from the American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG) to assist with college education costs. The organization awards up to four such scholarships to undergraduates each year.
|Research By Eight Students, Two Profs Published
Collaborative research conducted by eight St. Lawrence undergraduates, two St. Lawrence faculty members and faculty from Dartmouth Medical School and Clarkson University has been published in the journal Free Radical Biology and Medicine.
|St. Lawrence in the News
|An opinion piece by Dana Professor of Economics Steven Horwitz, positing that profit motives can inspire corporations to do good works, ran in the Richmond (VA) Times-Dispatch and Tampa Bay Online, both on June 26.
|Summerterm courses in Ireland that focus on peace and conflict, plus place and culture, were featured in the Watertown Daily Times on June 24, and a Summerterm class on the Neuroscience of Fear, that took place in Denmark, was the topic of a story in the Watertown Daily Times on June 23.
More Laurentians In the News
SLU Media Room: Visit our Media Room to see past Student Views Videos and a bird's eye view of the SLU campus and North Country.
Student Views Videos: This week Kitty Higgins '13 looks at a collaborative effort between students and the local community to promote sustainable living, working with Community-Based Learning.
Blogs Keep you Up to Date with SLU!
- Tim Akers '06, Assistant Director of Admissions
- Four SLU students from the Outdoor Program are attempting to traverse the entire Northern Forest Canoe Trail and are blogging about their experiences.
- The Weave by Global Studies, is a public intellectual project that brings together a range of perspectives on local, national and global issues and on mainstream and independent media coverage of those issues.
We're on Facebook!
Join the 5,692 fans of SLU on Facebook and sign up for RSS Feeds:
1. Go to http://www.facebook.com/StLawrenceU
2. In the menu to the right of the St. Lawrence logo, click on "Like"
3. To subscribe to one of our RSS feeds for either regional Saints Network events or student blogs, click on the link that says Subscribe to this feed in your RSS Reader associated with the item you're interested in.
Other Facebook pages you might want to Fan, Friend or "Like":
St. Lawrence University Alumni Association
St. Lawrence University Class of 2015
St. Lawrence University Class of 2016
Canton, NY (managed by the SLU Student Ambassadors)
Follow Us On Twitter!
LinkedIn! Make connections today!
Student, faculty and alumni profiles
Every other month, we post about 30 new profiles of students, faculty and alumni. We've been posting profiles for over three years and more than 400 profiles are available throughout the Web site. You'll find profiles in such pages as Graduates, Faculty, Students, Arts, Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Research Opportunities, and many more.
News Digest is a weekly compilation of the news releases and
Web feature stories created in the past week. It is released, generally,