Owen D. Young Library
The Owen D. Young Library is the main campus library, with resources and services for research in the humanities and social sciences. It features the WORD Studio, the "treehouse" study areas, two public computer labs, and a 24-hour study room. Usually referred to as The ODY, it was built in 1959, expanded in 1980, and renovated in 2000.
Even as the SLU libraries have added scholarly resources in digital form to the already substantial print-based collections, they have also created physical spaces that support both research and instruction. The Owen D. Young Library includes electronic classrooms and group study space dedicated to the teaching mission of the library. When the classrooms are not scheduled for class use, they are available as study and group meeting spaces. Fourteen group study/seminar rooms available for individual and group use. Wireless access is available throughout the building. Seating in the ODY and Launders Libraries can accomodate half of the SLU student body at any given time.