St. Lawrence University supports 28 off-campus programs in over 20 countries that allow students to enrich their majors, expand their world, gain cross-cultural perspectives and skills, and prepare to be responsible global citizens.
St. Lawrence University operates nine of its own semester/year long off-campus programs. Our programs foster deep cultural immersion, typically through homestays, language study, and course work before, during, and after the off-campus program. These well established and highly regarded programs are closely integrated into our campus curriculum and supported by the faculty.
CIIS holds information sessions each semester on these programs. Hosted by program faculty coordinators and student peer advisors, these sessions feature student alumni experiences and offer a chance for prospective applicants to ask more in-depth questions about programs of interest. Information on sessions being held during fall 2016 can be found here.
St. Lawrence Programs
- Adirondack Semester Progam
- Global Francophone Cultures (Canada, France, Senegal)
- Liberal Arts in New York City
- London FYP
- Sustainability Semester
The University has partnered with other carefully selected programs in different regions. Some involve direct enrollment in foreign universities, and others are operated by U.S. colleges/universities or highly respected study abroad program providers.
Students whose academic and area interests lie outside of the opportunities provided by St. Lawrence & St. Lawrence-partner programs may research non-affiliated programs on their own and may submit an application by the St. Lawrence University off-campus study application deadline, after meeting with the Director of Off-Campus Programs. For more information on applying to a non-SLU program, please see the Off-Campus Study Policies & Procedures page)
- Australia (James Cook University)
- Austria (Austro-American Institute)
- Canada (Trent University)
- China (CIEE--East China Normal University, Shanghai)
- China (GMEO--Xi'an Jiaotong - Liverpool University, Suzhou) PILOT program
- Costa Rica (University of Kansas)
- Czech Republic (CIEE)
- Denmark (DIS)
- India (NYSICCSI)
- Italy (Lorenzo de Medici)
- Italy (University of Georgia)
- Japan (Kansai Gaidai University)
- Jordan (AmidEast)
- Nashville, TN (Fisk University)
- New Zealand (University of Otago)
- Thailand (Chiang Mai University)
- Trinidad (Pacific Lutheran University)
- Washington DC (The Washington Center)
|Program||Spring Semester||Fall Semester|