St. Lawrence University supports 25 off-campus programs in 19 countries that allow students to enrich their majors, expand their world, gain cross-cultural perspectives and skills, and prepare to be responsible global citizens.
St. Lawrence operates nine of its own semester/year long off-campus programs. Our programs foster deep cultural immersion, typically through homestays, language study, and course work before, during, and after the off-campus program. These well established and highly regarded programs are closely integrated into our campus curriculum and supported by the faculty.
In addition to these programs, the University has partnered with carefully selected programs in other areas. Some involve direct enrollment in foreign universities, and others are operated by U.S. colleges/universities or highly respected study abroad program providers. Students interested in a non-St. Lawrence affiliated program may submit an application by the on campus deadline, after meeting with the Director of Off-Campus Programs.
|Program||Spring Semester||Fall Semester|
NOTE: The off-campus study application process is competitive and space is limited on all programs. All applications are reviewed by selection committees which weigh the applicant’s academic record; preparation and rationale for off-campus study; social/disciplinary history; and prior/future opportunities for off-campus study in college. For further details about the application process, criteria, and policies, please visit our Policies and Procedures page.
St. Lawrence Programs
- Adirondack Semester Progam
- Global Francophone Cultures (Canada, France, Senegal)
- Liberal Arts in New York City
- London FYP
- Sustainability Semester
- Australia (James Cook University)
- Austria (Austro-American Institute)
- Canada (Trent University)
- China (CIEE)
- Costa Rica (University of Kansas)
- Czech Republic (CIEE)
- Denmark (DIS)
- India (NYSICCSI)
- Italy (Lorenzo de Medici)
- Italy (University of Georgia)
- Japan (Kansai Gaidai University)
- Jordan (AmidEast)
- Nashville, TN (Fisk University)
- New Zealand (University of Otago)
- Thailand (Chiang Mai University)
- Trinidad (Pacific Luthern University)
- Washington DC (American University)
- Washington DC (The Washington Center)